lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

"CHANNEL 7" ( event in my childhood)

Well, before telling my big event when I was a kid, I want to share the cause of that big event.  It all started since I have memory, I was very little when I first got involved into the world of music and dance. I remember sitting on the couch of my old house turning on the TV and listening to N-sync, Backstreet boys, Sclub 7, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and all that happy, young, sticky songs on Mtv. I will end up seen all the videos and the next day telling my friends about them. The years passed and by the age of 6-7 I bought on Best Buy on my trip to Disney my very fist and brand new portable CD player. It was Sony, black with lightning green on the corners; perfect sound and the most important, it was mine. The next day I bought 4 CDs of pop! Because it was the gender I enjoyed the most.  Since then, my hobby became a passion and suddenly I figured out that not only I could listen but also to dance with music.

This is a little awkward but since you are the only one reading it K, it’s alright. I stared to imagine my life as a video, really, like all the stuff I was doing was recorded and for every since activity I was making there was this one song that fitted perfectly into the mood.  Like for example if I was with my friends and we were walking throw the condominium I imagine the video…. My friends joking around, I was at the center with my wireless microphone singing with them and the amazing choreography we did and then the special effects at the end of the video. The videos were at all times, if I was in the car, or at a camp, a ride with the family, playing football, even when I was sad, or thinking about a girl. It all turned better when the music was there. Pretty crazy I know, but at that age you just don’t think and yes, my imagination was really crazy and stupid, but I did enjoy it very much.  That’s where I began to notice that the music made me relax and was always the easiest way for me to escape from the everyday activity.

When I was in eleventh grade my passion for dance became obvious and I told my friends that I wanted to make a group of dancers and latter on presented to the school. My idea of the video with my friends was really happening.  We were 3 boys and 4 girls, like, 4 months rehearsing for the mother’s day. I was really excited and enthusiastic about it, I was my first time dancing in front of public but I was with my friends so I wasn’t thinking about the embarrassing by myself. We did it in front of all elementary school and moms and we had a blast. I will never forget that day because that day I decided truly that If in my whole life an opportunity for me like this came and knock I wouldn’t think it twice.
This is where the real thing happens. Ok, so after I discovered my talent I was ready to learn more about it; so when vacations came I went to course of singing, acting and dancing. The place was really nice, full with mirrors and speakers everywhere. It was called “stars from channel 7” they were looking for young people to be part of the cast of the channel and from that moment my goal by the end of the course was to win me a place there. The course was tired but very entertain and enriching, we had meeting with national and international artist, every week we made a new choreography of hip-hop, funk, salsa, pop and dramatization.; we went to see the national channels  buildings and back stages of programs, we met important persons from the TV and many more.  Oh boy, I felt in love with the media! It was so cool, and you get to know so many people… famous people, important people, behind the scenes people; getting in touch and surrounding yourself with very amazing projects and ides. 

Of course, nothing was bigger than dance, I finally receive the opportunity to dance with the cast and this time we were going to present ourselves in the annual show of “national bank of Guatemala!” when they told me the news, I was shocking, I could not believe it, wow!! I did make it and the event that was coming was big. This event is very important because, this event represented my effort, my passion and my determination for wanted a thing so bad; Thought me that nothing is impossible if you are willing to fight for it. I steel remember dancing in front of 3000 persons and I steel feel the same feeling as it was yesterday. If you are wondering I do see my life as a music video only this time I’m also the director. Music and dance describes me and they made the beats in my life. Living young, wild and free.   

1 comentario: